Sylvain Moreau, FCPA, FCGA, Pl. Fin., D. Fisc., TEP
For over 25 years, Sylvain Moreau has been advising individually-owned businesses, professionals, private companies and their shareholders. His areas of expertise are in corporate reorganization, professional incorporation, business succession, use of tax planning trusts, and training. He also represents taxpayers in disputes with the tax authorities.
Sylvain regularly writes articles appearing in various publications and specialized tax journals and is a columnist for the Argent section of the Journal de Montréal and the Journal de Québec. He is a guest speaker for RCGT’s internal activities and for the Ordre des CPA du Québec, the Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF) and various other organizations. He is a course lecturer in the Master of Taxation program at HEC Montréal.
Sylvain is the author of Questions incontournables en impôt des particuliers, a book on essential personal tax questions, published by Wolters Kluwer (CCH).
In 2009, CGA-Canada awarded him the title of “Fellow” and in 2013, the Ordre des CPA du Québec followed suit. In 2011, the Ordre des CGA du Québec granted him the honorific distinction of “Lifetime Member” in recognition of outstanding services to the Ordre, the accounting profession and the community.
- Follow me on: TwitterLinkedIn
- 2016 Tax Returns: Get the Most Out of the New Tax Rules! - March 20, 2017
- Tax Credit for Experienced Workers - February 27, 2017
- 2016 Taxes: Are You Aware of the Latest Tax News? - February 22, 2017
- RRSPs and Wealth: A Solid Contribution from Tax Partner Sylvain Moreau with Québecor - February 21, 2017
- Retirement and Taxes: Keep the Sun Shining on Your Retirement - February 7, 2017
- Retirement and Tax: Live Abroad or Stay Put? - February 1, 2017
- Selling Your Principal Residence: New Obligations to Stay Exempt! - January 6, 2017
- Year-end Tax Planning: What Needs to be Done Before December 31st! - December 21, 2016
- When Your Employer Plays Santa Claus! - December 16, 2016
- Planning Donations… Standing Ovations! - December 6, 2016