Global mobility: understanding all the issues
Working abroad – for either Canadians who leave home to work or Canadian companies that hire foreign workers – involves a wide range of human, financial, legal and tax issues that can influence the success of the process.
Our global mobility service ensures that:
- employers are aware of the many tax, human and monetary issues generated by assignments abroad
- employers are able to set up fair and equitable compensation plans that take the specific situation of each employee into account
- employer and employee compliance obligations are met
The global mobility service also ensures that employees understand the impact of their assignment, in terms of personal taxation and the related compliance obligations, in both their country of origin and the host country.
Integrated consultation services
The Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton experts offer integrated consultation services that cover all tax, personal and corporate factors related to worker’s global mobility.
Tax consultation component
- Analysis of tax residency status
- Compensation planning for employees assigned abroad
- Consultation on source deductions and social security contributions
- Canadian, US and international tax consultation, including estate taxes and income taxes on US donations
- Consultation on compliance related to ownership of real estate assets in a jurisdiction other than the jurisdiction of residency
Tax compliance component
- Preparation of Canadian tax returns
- Preparation of US tax returns
- Preparation of applications for certificates of coverage for social security agreements and reductions in source deductions
- Preparation of and assistance with year-end tax forms (T4, T4A-NR, NR4, T626, Relevé 17, W2, etc.)
Trust the expertise of your RCGT consultants!
Our experts share their knowledge regularly through their blogs. Relevant content for dynamic leaders.