Once again this year, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton tax experts had the opportunity to share their observations with different media (in French) regarding the federal budget tabled on February 11, 2014.
This outreach once again is proof of the firm’s professionalism and influence throughout Québec and the Ottawa and Edmundston areas, particularly through the speedy publication of a tax bulletin and a press release, as soon as the lock-up was lifted.
Here are some interviews conducted by the firmʼs tax specialists:
Tax Partner Luc Lacombe, who attended the budget lock-up, gave interviews to several Québec radio stations. Among the interviews conducted by Luc Lacombe, we should mention those given to:
- 101.5 FM with host Jean-François Routhier, aired February 11 in Sainte-Marie-de-Beauce
- Planète Radio 99.5 FM with host Patrick Bourget, broadcast February 11 in Saguenay
- Rouge FM 94.7 and NRJ 102.3 FM, same interview aired on the February 12 newscasts in the Mauricie and Centre-du-Québec regions.
Mr. Lacombe also acted as a spokesman for CPA Canada on the CPAC show Revue politique (go to 16:40 minutes, and more specifically, to 19:40 minutes for Mr. Lacombe), broadcast the evening the budget was tabled.
Tax Partner Sylvain Gilbert granted four radio interviews:
- Radio-Canada Première with host Réjean Blais, aired February 11 in the Estrie region
- Passion Rock 101.9 FM with host Marc Bossé, broadcast February 12 in the Victoriaville region
- O 97.3 FM Le meilleur de la musique with host Jason Caron, aired February 12 in the Chaudière-Appalaches, Estrie and Centre-du-Québec regions
- Passion Rock 105.5 FM with host Jean-Hugo Savard, broadcast February 12 in the Chaudière-Appalaches region
In addition, the Regional Vice-President for the Eastern Townships, Réal Létourneau, participated in a round table organized by the newspaper La Tribune, along with other decision-makers from the region. Two articles were published in this regard, a more general article on the budget and another on workforce training.
Finally, the press release and the post-budget tax summary were publicized, in particular, on the websites of Québec hebdo, Yahoo Finance and the newspaper L’Avantage du Bas-St-Laurent, as well as Conseiller.ca.
14 Feb 2014 | Written by :