Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton has been very active during the budget process, from the pre-budget consultations to the tabling of the federal and Quebec budgets. In addition to publishing its pre-budget recommendations to the federal and Quebec Finance Ministers (pre-budget proposals), the firm prepared tax bulletins (federal tax measures, Quebec tax measures) for taxpayers and managers and published press releases setting out its reaction (federal budget, Quebec budget). Our experts also explained a number of the budget measures announced in interviews on various media.
Several experts related their observations in the media in the various regions where the firm is present and shared their tax, finance and economic expertise.
These initiatives illustrate Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton’s commitment to the growth and prosperity of Canadian organizations and its constant concern to keep taxpayers aware of the issues that shape their environment.
Visibility commensurate with a firm that is close to the local population and organizations!
You will find below examples of our firm’s visibility and interviews showcasing our professionals’ remarkable contribution:
The pre-budget proposal news release was posted on the website of numerous daily papers, including the National Post, the Montreal Gazette and the Ottawa Citizen, as well as Informeaffaires in Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean, and was published on the internationally recognized Thomsonreuters’ Taxnet Pro tax platform.
The firm’s reaction and our expert’s comments on the federal budget were presented in several regions:
- The firm’s reaction was presented in Finance et Investissement (throughout Quebec) in an article that also includes the reactions of important business organizations. The Rivière-du-Loup website Infodimanche also posted the firm’s position.
- Tax Partner Luc Lacombe, who attended the federal lock-up, was interviewed on 101.5 FM (1st and 2nd interviews Ste-Marie-de-Beauce); 94.7 FM Rouge FM and NRJ (Mauricie), Horizon 95 FM (Témiscouata); 103.5 FM (St-Georges-de-Beauce) and Radio-Canada (Québec City). Representing the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, Luc was also invited to participate in a panel discussion on CPAC, the Cable Public Affairs Channel, (view from 25 min., 50 sec.) (across Canada).
- Tax Partner Sylvain Moreau, in attendance at the media lock-up, was interviewed by Journal de Montréal and Journal de Québec about the public transit tax credit being abolished and also spoke to listeners on 95.7 FM (Saguenay).
- Tax Consultant, Olivier Levesque, spoke on 99.5 FM (Roberval).
- Advisory Tax Partner Réal Létourneau participated in an editorial round table for La Tribune (Estrie).
- Tax Partner Sarah Phaneuf was interviewed on Radio-Canada radio (listen at 16:10 and 16:49) (Estrie), and Radio-Canada television (Estrie).
Our experts were also visible on several media after the Quebec Budget:
- Tax Partner Luc Lacombe, who was also at the Quebec budget lock-up, spoke again on 101.5 FM (2 interviews Ste-Marie-de-Beauce); 94.7 FM Rouge FM and NRJ (Mauricie); Horizon 95 FM (Témiscouata); 103.5 FM (St-Georges-de-Beauce), as well as Radio-Canada (listen from 10 min., 45 sec.) (Québec City).
- Tax Consultant Olivier Levesque spoke again on 99.5 FM (Roberval).
- Advisory Tax Partner Réal Létourneau participated in another editorial round table for La Tribune (Estrie).
- Tax Partner Sylvain Gilbert was interviewed on 107.7 FM (Estrie)
- Tax Partner Sylvain Moreau in attendance at the media lock-up, was quoted on TVA Nouvelles (see from 2 min., 20 sec.) (throughout Quebec). He also spoke to listeners of 95.7 FM (Saguenay) and was interviewed by Conseiller.ca (throughout Quebec)
- The Rivière-du-Loup website Infodimanche also posted the firm’s position.
- Tax Partner Sarah Phaneuf was interviewed on Radio-Canada radio (listen at 16:27 and 16:49) (Estrie), and Radio-Canada television (Estrie).
Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton is very proud to have contributed to public consultations on the budgets by making recommendations to help our local organizations improve their performance and prosper, while reaching out to numerous communities with information on the budget measures announced. This is certainly visibility commensurate with a firm that is close to the local population and organizations!
05 Apr 2017 | Written by :