The blunder that occurred during the presentation of the Oscar for the best movie has gone down in history. Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton was solicited by many media sources and Partner Bernard Grandmont, who is an auditor for numerous Quebec shows and galas, explained to the media the process for placing the winners’ names in envelopes and giving them to the presenters during the ceremonies.
Contrary to the Oscars’ two-envelope system, which could explain the presentation error, only one series of envelopes is used for Quebec galas.
- Listen to the radio interviews on Gravel le matin and l’Heure du monde (go to 2 min. 25 sec.) on Radio-Canada;
- Listen to the radio interview with Paul Houde on 98.5 FM;
- Watch the interviews on Radio-Canada’s RDI en direct and Téléjournal
- Read the article and watch the interview with LCN on the TVA nouvelles website;
- Read the article in La Presse.
28 Feb 2017 | Written by :