17 Jun 2015
Jean-François Poulin
Partner | B.A.A., Attorney, M. Fisc. | Tax

In a L’Actualité article published on June 2, 2015, Jean-François Poulin, International Taxation Partner at Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton, explains why it is essential to consult an expert to plan your retirement in the sun.

Retirees who live abroad may become “tax residents” of their host country. However, the expert expresses some reservations about this attractive option for paying less tax. The “tax resident” option is not risk-free. Before jumping in, you must ask the right questions. For example, “in case of death, is your will valid in that country?” Jean-François Poulin asks. To avoid dangerous pitfalls, the Partner strongly recommends consulting a tax specialist.

To learn more, see the article Voyager à la retraite sans se ruiner (Travelling for retirement without ruining yourself)


17 Jun 2015  |  Written by :

Mr. Jean-François Poulin is a partner at RCGT. He is your expert in taxation for the Québec...

See the profile