From September 23 to 26, 2012, our team of specialized audit experts in collaboration with Grant Thornton Canada reinforced its place among existing clients while setting itself apart with new international prospects at the Institute of Internal Auditors’ (IIA) 2012 National Conference at the Montréal Hyatt Regency hotel. Under the theme, “Curiosity + Creativity = Success!”, the event featured two of our experts, Denis Lefort and Lyne Boissel, who showcased our Firm’s expertise with their conference on the subject of external quality evaluations, their main issues and the underlying IIA standards (Évaluations qualité externe : les principaux enjeux et les normes de l’IAI en cause).
Our kiosk attracted many visitors who participated in a contest to win an iPad. The winner was Pierre Charbonneau, Senior Internal Auditor of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (see photo below).
Furthermore, our clients were invited to an exclusive VIP evening event organized by RCGT at Ateliers & Saveurs in Old Montréal. Our guests were able to meet our team members while learning how to cook tapas, make cocktails and taste a selection of wines. Overall some fifty people took part in this wonderful evening!
Our experts at the event:
- Louise Labrie, Partner – Consulting, Québec City office
- Gérald Daly, Advisory Partner – Consulting
- Corey-Ann Bloom, Partner – IT and Forensic and Investigative Accounting Consulting
- Johanne Gélinas, Partner – Sustainable Development
- Lyne Boissel, Senior Manager – Internal Audit
- Éric Desrosiers, Senior Manager – Consulting
- Isabelle Gagnon, Manager – Sustainable Development
- Olivier Legault, Manager – IT and Forensic and Investigative Accounting Consulting
- Francis Leblanc-Gervais, Manager – IT and Forensic and Investigative Accounting Consulting
- Mishka Alarcon, Manager – Marketing, National Markets, Grant Thornton Canada
(From left to right) Isabelle Gagnon, Manager – Sustainable Development, Pierre Charbonneau, Senior Internal Auditor , Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Louise Labrie, Partner– Management Consulting.