Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton continues to expand its Montreal Corporate Finance advisory team following record growth and continued transactional momentum.
The team has recruited Nicholas Capuano, Marc-Antoine Savary, Alice Porcher and Maxwell Yull to bolster a team of seasoned professionals including Partners Saki Tzanidis, In Sunwoo and Yasser Waly, who also leads origination and business development group. In addition to veterans Simon Marcotte-Légaré, Justine Bergeron, Charles-Anthony Heleine, all of whom make up the M&A and Corporate Finance team.
- Minority stake sale of renewable building products manufacturer Matériaux Spécialisés Louiseville Inc. to Desjardins Capital;
- Advising the shareholder of fast-growing EBSU Ltd. on the acquisition of Woodlore International Inc;
- Majority stake sale of IVEX, Induspac and Estapack (together the Specialized Packaging Group) to Palo Alto-based private equity firm Altamont Capital Partners;
- Majority stake sale of Alasko Foods Inc. to Groupe Commensal Inc;
- Advising the founders of Nature’s Touch on a refinancing transaction;
- Advising the founders of Orthogone Technologies Inc. on a growth capital financing and shareholder buyback transaction;
- Majority stake sale of Dubo Electrique Ltd to wholesaler/distributor leader Guillevin International;
- Majority stake sale of Quebec’s leading fitness chain Nautilus Plus to the existing management team in collaboration with Fondaction and CSN;
- Leading the successful sale of certain assets of the Atis Group to Fenplast Windows and Doors;
- Advising the shareholders of fast-growing Telecon on a refinancing transaction;
- Majority stake sale of Zac-Tranz to the Loyal Express Group;
- Growth Equity financing of leading Canadian prepared meal solution provider WeCook by a consortium of investors;
- Majority stake sale of Distinctive Appliances, a high-end US based appliance distributor to Milestone Distributors;
- Numerous other concluded confidential transactions and ongoing assignments.
“We are delighted to have been able to add to our successful and high performing team with our newest additions” states Mark Rossi. “Several years ago, we strategically decided to invest heavily into our practice to assist our clients’ increasing demand to provide top-tier support during critical moments in their businesses’ evolution. Whether that means the sale of their business, an acquisition, a refinancing or major phase of an organizational transformation, we wanted to offer our clients a seamless experience by way of an experienced team of professionals that could take care of all transaction aspects. It is of utmost importance to continue investing in the best talent as our clients seek to explore and realize opportunities presented by the current M&A and debt environment. Based on what we are seeing, indications are that 2022 will see a continuation of the healthy level of deal flow and opportunities driven by strong levels of capital in the markets. Our team is well positioned to assist entrepreneurs and we believe there are several factors that can potentially drive deal flow even harder than what we’ve seen over the course of 2021.”
As Saki Tzanidis noted, while there are challenges in some parts of the economy, there is also a tremendous amount of liquidity with private equity investors.
He added: “Corporate firms and financial institutions looking for high quality assets in the consumer, technology, food & beverage, human capital, healthcare and manufacturing sectors in particular.”
Our team is ready to provide the necessary expertise to bring such transactions to fruition for the benefit of stakeholders and our clients.
In Sunwoo added: “We are very proud of the confidence our clients have placed in us, especially during the recent pandemic-induced period of uncertainty. Our singular objective remains clearly identifying and achieving the unique objectives of each of our clients by executing creative and efficient strategies. Our recent team additions will allow us to continue to deliver on this commitment.”
Yasser Waly concluded: “We are thrilled to add such passionate professionals to the team. Their addition to the firm coupled with our strong leadership position in the market will continue to create value for all clients and support their capital and growth needs.”
Back row, from left to right : Charles-Anthony Heleine, Mark Rossi, Alice Porcher, Yasser Waly, Simon Marcotte-Légaré, Saki Tzanidis, In Sunwoo.
Front row, from left to right : Maxwell Yull, Nicholas Capuano, Justine Bergeron, Marc-Antoine Savary.