Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton is proud to have hosted the Big RDV Relève Inc. EventTM on Friday, May 13, 2016, at the Palais des congrès de Montréal. Organized by the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal alongside the Fonds de solidarité FTQ, the event brought together nearly 300 people from the business community.
Conferences and discussions took place on the concerns of both assignors and purchasers. Our National Business Transfer Leader, Éric Dufour, led a panel on the intergenerational aspects of business transfers, an essential topic in succession planning. To illustrate the importance of these issues, three panelists participated in the discussion; François Vachon, from Meunerie de St‑Frédéric, Luc Sirois, from Entreprise d’électricité Sirois, and Jonathan Tremblay, from Sylviculture Tramfor, representing baby boomers, and generations X and Y, respectively.
The event’s theme also made waves in the media when Éric Dufour was interviewed by RDI Économie on May 13.
Partnership campaign with RDV Relève
The Big RDV Relève Event is part of the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal (BTMM) and Fonds de solidarité FTQ’s promotion campaign, of which Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton is also a proud partner. Various initiatives were implemented during the campaign to raise the population’s awareness regarding the succession issue, including:
- Two special inserts in La Presse and Les Affaires, in which our experts Éric Dufour and Jean-François Thuot respectively contributed to the articles, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton: au plus près des cédants and Transfert d’entreprise : connaissez-vous bien les enjeux fiscaux et juridiques?
- A free webcast hosted by Michel Leblanc, president of the BTMM with guests Gabriel Nadon, business succession expert with over 10 years of experience with the Fonds de solidarité FTQ, Guy Roy, Business Advisor–Business Service Centre, and Éric Dufour, Regional Vice-President and National Business Transfer and Succession Leader at Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton;
- Best business practice training, organized in collaboration with the Centre de transfert d’entreprise Québec in five of the province’s cities and hosted by our experts Éric Dufour, Réal Létourneau and Jean-François Thuot;
- The For a Successful Transfer Contest for business assignors;
- A round table at the Funding Meet-and-Greet event which will take place on June 3, 2016.
As an engaged and responsible firm, we are very proud to play a leading role in successions and business transfers. This is a major issue for Quebec and Canada’s prosperity. Our firm is and will always be involved!
20 May 2016 | Written by :