This year again, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton attended the budget lock-up on November 20, 2012 to prepare its tax bulletin for its clients, fellow citizens and managers. This was a very successful exercise in disseminating information clearly and effectively, thanks to the professionalism of about ten tax specialists and employees from the firm’s communications team.
During the lock-up, the team was represented by tax partner Bernard Poulin, who proceeded to analyze the budget to give several Québec communities the benefit of his observations, through several interviews.
On November 20 and 21, 2012, after the embargo was lifted, Mr. Poulin’s solid knowledge resonated in several regions of Québec:
- In Saguenay, on Planète 99.5 FM, in a radio interview with host Patrick Bourget;
- In Beauce, on 101.3 FM, in a radio conversation with host Jean-François Routhier;
- In Centre-du-Québec, in a radio interview with host Marc Bossé, and broadcast on 101.9 FM;
- In Lanaudière, during a radio interview with host Jacques Plante of 103.5 FM;
- In Mauricie, in news bulletins broadcast on Rouge FM, 94.7 FM;
- On television, on Le Canal Argent, in a conversation with anchorman François Gagnon, and;
- In an article in the newspaper Finance et Investissement written by Guillaume Poulin-Goyer.
Many other experts from the firm shared their rich knowledge after the Québec budget was tabled, including the Acting President and CEO, tax specialist Réal Létourneau, with the newspaper La Tribune, tax partner Sarah Phaneuf with Radio-Canada, and senior tax advisor Sébastien Hamel, during a lecture on the provincial budget, delivered on November 21 at a meeting of the Association de planification fiscale et financière. Other tax specialists, such as Caroline Renaud, Daniel Lachapelle and Jean-François Thuot, also reported on the budget during a conference discussing year-end tax planning strategies for the firm’s clients.