Did you know that government assistance is available for businesses to support work and family balancing initiatives?
Since the beginning of the pandemic, employers have had to adjust in order to offer their employees the best conditions to keep them engaged and help them maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle. While balancing work and family was already a major source of stress for workers, the COVID-19 crisis has amplified it.
As Quebec businesses gradually resume operations, more than one third (39%) of Quebec parents believe they will need more frequent workplace accommodations for work-family balance reasons compared to pre-COVID-19. More than half (53%) even say they would be willing to change jobs if they were offered better conditions to facilitate work-family balance according to a survey conducted for the Réseau pour un Québec Famille.
New work-life support program
To support businesses in this new reality, the Quebec government has announced the creation of the Programme de soutien financier en matière de conciliation famille-travail for workplaces.
The purpose of this program is to provide direct financial support to employers who wish to adopt good work-life balance practises to improve the quality of life of workers with family responsibilities and to make work-life balance a practice that pays off collectively in the workplace.
Businesses could receive up to $40,000 from the Ministère de la Famille to finance their project.
- Component 1 – Support for employer initiatives: supporting employers in their efforts to implement work-family balance measures within their organizations;
- Component 2 – Support for information and training initiatives: providing employers with tools to assist them in implementing work-family balance measures within their organizations;
- Component 3 – Support for specific initiatives: supporting any other project designed to facilitate the reconciliation of work and family life for workers through actions that bring collective benefits to the workplace.
Types of eligible projects
- Needs assessment and development of a profile of existing work-life balance measures within the organization;
- Implementation or improvement of work-life balance measures within the organization;
- Production and publication of tools adapted to the targeted environments and the situation of the clienteles or members;
- Organization of information and training sessions on work-family balance best business practices;
- Any other project that falls within the objectives and guidelines of the Ministère de la Famille with respect to work-family balance, such as a project to identify work-family balance best business practices by activity sector or a local or regional partnership project to encourage workplaces to promote work-family balance.
Businesses must submit their application by 4:30 p.m. on September 25, 2020.
To find out about the program’s eligibility criteria and access the financial application form, consult the government of Quebec website.
Our expert consultants can help you design and present your projects in order to obtain the necessary financing to carry them out as well as assist in their implementation, particularly through training aimed at developing employee skills.
Let our experts guide you through the process. Contact our team now.