Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton is committed to ensure the health and safety of its community. The firm has therefore implemented preventive measures to minimize the risk of COVID-19 spread. We are following the recommendations made by our governments’ health and safety authorities, in order to protect our clients and employees.
Looking after your needs is our top priority. With this in mind, we want to assure you that we have implemented all the necessary measures to continue to serve our clients at the highest level.
The following are the measures we have put in place to better serve you.
- While we prefer to meet you in person, the current situation forces us to restrict our gatherings. That said, we will customize our approach according to your needs.
- Please know that currently, we prefer to have telephone meetings and videoconferences.
- We will continue our operations and meetings with our clients while limiting the number of gatherings.
- Of course, we will continue to greet you with a smile, but as advised, we will avoid handshakes.
- In the event of an office shutdown, we want to assure you that thanks to our robust and highly secure IT structure, our service teams will be available to assist you with your business needs.
- To assist you, please know that you can pay your bills online through e-transfer or through your banking institution’s website.
Important information for clients during tax season
The tax season is an important time when numerous documents are exchanged. In our ongoing effort to implement preventive measures, we ask that you email the documents required for filing your income tax returns.
If you do not have email, we have placed boxes to deposit your documents in the reception area of all our RCGT offices.
Please note the following:
- It is important to indicate your RCGT contact on the envelope.
- Your documents will be forwarded to your RCGT contact within 24 hours.
Once your tax returns have been finalized, they will be emailed or mailed, as per your request. You will then be informed on the procedures to follow in order to sign the documents, which can be done electronically. You will receive an acceptance confirmation email for the documents to be sent to the different governments.
Important notice: The federal and provincial governments announced new flexibility measures for individuals and businesses.
Sharing of Documents
In preparing your financial statements, as well as for any other need, we are recommending that you send us your documents securely and confidentially through ClientAccess. To learn more, please contact your partner in charge.
Conferences and other events
Conferences, networking and other scheduled events have been postponed. We are following the authorities’ recommendations in this regard and are monitoring the situation very closely. Once resolved, we will be sure to notify you. In the meantime, for your information, several insights and webinars are available.
Recommended preventive measures for our clients
Implementing basic measures and having a contingency plan at the ready will ensure your employees’ health and safety, as well as reduce the impact on your long-term productivity. Please contact our advisors to assist you with your planning.
In closing, please find a few useful resources on COVID-19 to help dispel any myths about the situation, and to provide you with preventive measures.
Although the situation is fast evolving, our commitment remains strong. We have been supporting our clients for more than 70 years and share a business relationship with you that is dear to our heart.