A Canadian leader in the areas of assurance, tax, advisory services and business recovery and reorganization.
Founded in 1948, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton is a Canadian leader in the areas of assurance, tax, advisory services and business recovery and reorganization. With more than 2,300 professionals including close to 200 partners, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton helps its clients achieve their full growth potential both locally and globally.
As the top accounting firm in Quebec, we serve organizations in all socio-economic activity sectors: SMEs, large businesses and public and parapublic organizations.
Within Canada, together with its counterpart Grant Thornton LLP, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton provides its clients with access to more than 4,200 professionals, including approximately 370 partners.
Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton is a member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, a global organization of member firms located throughout the world.
- The strength of our international organization:
- Member firms in more than 130 countries;
- Some 47,000 professionals (including partners);
- Revenue exceeding US$4.8 billion.
Our CLEARR values reflect our culture and how we do business – they are embedded throughout our business and set the parameters of how we expect people to behave with their colleagues, clients and the world at large. CLEARR values unite our people and guide our behavior.
Founded in 1948, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton is a Canadian leader in the areas of assurance, tax, advisory services and business recovery and reorganization.
2011 to today
- Emilio B. Imbriglio succeeds Réal Y. Létourneau to become the Firm’s sixth President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Réal Y. Létourneau becomes the Firm’s Interim President and Chief Executive Officer following the passing of Jean Robillard.
- 30th anniversary of affiliation with Grant Thornton International.
- Merger with the firm of Pratte Bélanger Chartered Accountants Inc. This reinforces our presence in the Greater Montréal area while providing a new office in Kuujjuaq, Nunavik.
2001 to 2011
- Our Firm opens its first assurance and taxation office in the Mauricie (Trois-Rivières) region.
- Acquisition of the Laval chartered accountants’ firm Beaudry Charbonneau.
- Acquisition of the Québec City based firm Marc Gauthier et Associés (MGA) thus creating one of the largest human resources consulting groups.
- Acquisition of Services de consultation Formatel, giving us access to various francophone markets outside Québec.
- Opening of a new office in Drummondville, thereby increasing our presence in the Centre-du Queéec region.
- Jean Robillard succeeds Richard Payette to become the Firm’s fifth President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Marks the 60th anniversary of the founding of our Firm.
- Some 58 years after its foundation, the Firm’s professional fees surpass the $200M mark.
- Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton also celebrates the 25th anniversary of its affiliation with Grant Thornton International.
- Richard Payette succeeds Michel Lavigne and becomes only the fourth President and Chief Executive Officer in the Firm’s 57-year history.
- After Quebec and Ontario, RCGT makes inroads in New Brunswick (Edmundston), following a merger with Aubut, Bérubé, Long, Pelletier.
- Michel Lavigne becomes the Firm’s third President and Chief Executive Officer, succeeding Serge Saucier, who held the position for 21 years.
1991 to 2000
- Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton corporate name is adopted. This year also marks the 50th anniversary of the Firm’s founding.
- After establishing itself in Ottawa in 1979, the Firm continues its Ontario expansion with the client buyout of Mallette et Associés, Chartered Accountants, in Gloucester and Hawkesbury.
- View the videoclip “Historique – 1991 à 2000” (in French only).
1981 to 1990
- At the start of the 1990s, the Firm’s professional fees surpass the $100M.
- The Firm establishes a foothold in the Eastern Townships, more precisely, the cities of Sherbrooke, Asbestos, Coaticook, Cowansville, Lac-Mégantic, Magog, Richmond, Stanstead and Weedon, thanks to its merger with Bélanger Hébert, Chartered Accountants.
- The Firm secures its presence in the Lower Saint-Lawrence and Gaspé regions thanks to its merger with Corriveau, Bujold, Lavoie, Madore & Associés, Chartered Accountants, a firm with offices in Rivière-du-Loup, Chandler, La Pocatière, Matane, Montmagny, New Richmond and Sainte-Anne-des-Monts.
- A merger with Bélanger, L’Houmeau, Sureau & Associés, Chartered Accountants, a firm with offices in Val-d’Or, Amos, La Sarre, Lebel-sur-Quévillon, Rouyn-Noranda, Senneterre and Ville-Marie, allows the Firm to serve the Abitibi-Témiscamingue territory for the first time in its history. In the coming years, numerous office openings (1987), client buyouts (2002) and mergers (2006) will eventually form what today is the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region.
- Representation agreement in Canada with Doane Raymond (now Grant Thornton LLP). View the videoclip (in French only).
- An international representation agreement is reached with Grant Thornton International, one of the largest independently-held and managed international networks of public accounting and management consulting firms.
- An alliance is formed with a division of the Mercure Béliveau et Associés group to create Raymond, Chabot, Fafard, Gagnon, Inc., Trustees and Raymond Chabot Martin Paré Inc., Turnaround Management Services. This marks the start of our turnaround and bankruptcy services, an industry in which the Firm would go on to become a leader.
1971 to 1980
- Serge Saucier is appointed President and Chief Executive Officer.
- RCMP continues to grow and establishes itself for the first time in the Saguenay—Lac-St-Jean region, thanks to a merger with Gagnon, Bergeron, Pelletier, Gauthier & Associés, Chartered Accountants, Chicoutimi.
- The Firm continues its expansion in the Outaouais region through a merger with the firm of Carrière, Larivière, Marcil & Cie, Chartered Accountants, located in Ottawa, Hull and Buckingham.
- Ten years after reaching the $1M mark in professional fees, the Firm cracks the $10M plateau for the first time since its inception.
- The Firm establishes itself for the first time in the Québec City area with the merger of Larue, Gourdeau & Associés, Chartered Accountants, which already was established in Québec City and Thetford Mines.
- The year marks the launch of our consulting services with the creation of Raymond, Chabot, Martin, Paré & Cie, Management Consultants. View the videoclip (in French only).
1961 to 1970
- RCMP’s fees rockets past the million dollar mark.
- Merger with Davignon L’Abbé, Chartered Accountants, Montréal, the first in a flurry of mergers, alliances and acquisitions that would enrich the company with complementary expertise and qualified human resources.
- The Montréal International Expo is held during the same year in which the Firm officially becomes Raymond, Chabot, Martin, Paré, Chartered Accountants. View the videoclip (in French only).
1951 to 1960
- The company reaches the mark of $ 1,000,000 in professional fees.
1948 to 1950
- Raymond et Chabot & Cie, Chartered Accountants, is founded in Montréal by Jacques Raymond and Guy Chabot. View the videoclip (in French only). Not long after (1949), Guy Martin joins the group and a new corporate name was adopted: Raymond, Chabot, Martin & Cie, Chartered Accountants.