Innovation and technological development financing
The business world is a field in which the landscape is constantly evolving. To thrive in such an environment, companies need to keep up with the technological and scientific advances in their industry. All optimal growth strategies include a research and development component and start with a well thought-out financing plan.
To this end, a number of tax incentives exist to encourage innovation and to support those companies that take the necessary financial and technological risks:
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Program (SR&ED);
- Tax credit for the development of e-business (TCEB);
- Tax credit for the production of multimedia titles (PMT).
Being thoroughly familiar with the ins and outs of these complex and frequently changing programs (Canada Revenue Agency, Revenu Québec, Investissement Québec, etc.), our specialists will not only guide you through them but also help you get the most out of them.
Our turnkey services take into consideration the specific needs of your company and industry, so as to obtain the ideal combination for you—thus, freeing you up to concentrate on what you do best.
Many of our experts are entrepreneurs themselves and understand first-hand the reality of business people. The members of our multidisciplinary team possess sought-after technical expertise across all areas—including, notably, aerospace, manufacturing engineering and information technology—and are therefore attuned to the needs of each client. They will steer you toward the best decisions and diligently guide you in:
- Performing financial analyses;
- Evaluating the eligibility of your company and its projects for the various tax credit programs;
- Preparing a business proposal adapted to the needs of the business;
- Gathering the technical, financial and tax information necessary to prepare a claim;
- Establishing the positioning strategy for your projects;
- Preparing application forms and present them to the appropriate authorities;
- Supporting your team in cases of file audits;
- Training key resources;
- Providing your team with invaluable tax advice.
Backed by an international network of specialists, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton can propose solutions to a wide range of business growth challenges.
You can count on our experts in innovation financing and technological development to provide you with sound advice, support and guidance in developing your financing plan as well as in every step of the tax credit claims process.