Vice President Real Estate Development
For over 70 years, Broccolini is a family-owned business and a leading single-source provider of construction, development and real-estate services, catering to the industrial, commercial, institutional, and residential markets in Canada.
Broccolini provides a range of services, acting variously as a general contractor, construction manager, project manager, property manager and developer.
The company wholly embraces the commitment to ‘green building’ by advocating for sustainable design and construction at every opportunity, encouraging clients to consider environmentally friendly building products and practices and helping them to become even more environmentally responsible. The company is proud to have built numerous LEED-Certified properties across Ontario and Quebec.
With three (3) different offices in Canada, 11.5 million square feet of assets under management and more than 40 million square feet built, Broccolini is recognized for its quality workmanship, innovative technology, open collaboration, and exceptional standards, totally dedicated to the planning, development and construction of remarkable buildings.
Broccolini believes their employees are their most valuable assets. Today, three generations of Broccolinis run the business, diligently guiding its growth, and being supported by a team of more than 400 employees. Broccolini is proud of their brand, projects, and people.
Reporting to Michael Broccolini, this role will provide strategic direction, planning and leadership to the Montreal Real Estate Group – a team consisting of Real Estate Development, Business Development, Pre- Construction and Leasing.
This role develops and continually enhances effective working structures to generate growth and achieve corporate goals. It is the main liaison with brokers, municipalities, trade organizations and property owners.
- Strategic planning in order to create growth, improve financial performance and gain competitive advantage.
- Has full P&L responsibility of the Montreal ICI Real-Estate team.
- Sets goals and KPI’s for the business unit and drives accountability to deliver results.
- Leads major real-estate development files through all phases in the Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional (ICI) sectors.
- Responsible for the quality control of proforma files in conjunction with the Finance department.
- Responsible to build and lead a high-performing team.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Montreal real-estate team (establishes individual objectives, evaluates staff, drives accountability, provides coaching & mentoring).
- Directs the flow of real-estate transactions by driving the efforts of others.
- Works closely and strategize with stakeholders to identify and deliver the best available sites and ensure required milestones are met.
- Actively participates in both real-estate and construction development files.
- Takes a proactive stance in business development initiatives and functions. Always looking to expand the customer base.
- Develops, grows and maintains a network of brokers to assist with site acquisitions in target markets.
- Directs the improvement of the existing portfolio through lease negotiations and manages property dispositions.
- Oversees and approves leases – negotiates at a high level.
- Accountable for timely and accurate updates on the status of all development activities.
- Leads government relations and initiatives.
- Being strategic as well as tactical such as :
- Define a long-term vision of development and instill an inspiring dynamic that encourages stakeholder support.
- Being able to identify numerous opportunities, to advise the high management with a number of potential deals, acquisitions of lands, properties or join-venture projects.
- Prepare and coordinate project’s deliverables with efficiency and full satisfaction of all parties.
- Bringing a great sense of dynamism, the agility and the creativity of the entrepreneurship spirit and a leadership directs by professionalism, collaboration and high standards of quality, respect and integrity.
- Graduate studies in Real-Estate, Business, Finance or other related field.
- Qualification as a Brokerage or Real-Estate Appraiser an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in real-estate, including experience in managing staff.
- Proven leadership skills and a track record of building a high-performing team.
- A track record of building business plans.
Skills / Abilities
- Ability to act strategically.
- Ability to see the big picture while also being able to dive into the details.
- Ability to influence without formal authority and work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to lead and manage team members.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong legal acumen – able to structure legal agreements.
- Solid understanding of proformas and bridge financing.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Always has good control of files, possesses strong follow-up skills.
- A dealmaker with creativity and vision.
- High degree of drive towards action, excellence and achieving results.
- Inspires achievement and creates inclusion among team members.
- Able to build and maintain relationships.
- Lives and leads with integrity.
- Perfectly bilingual.
- Reasons to join Broccolini
- New key role with strategic impact offering great visibility in the Greater Montreal area.
- A company with an excellent reputation and great branding in the market.
- A solid and well-qualified management team.
- Employees are their most valuable assets. You’ll feel like part of the family!
16766 Trans-Canada Hwy, Suite 500
Kirkland, QC, H9H 4M7
Lieu du poste
Vice president Business
Development and Finances
Nombre d’employés supervisés
Personne-ressource chez Raymond Chabot Ressources Humaines inc.
Vice president, Recruitment
514 390-4140 | 866 686-0492 #4140
Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton's Research - Executive Recruitment team is mandated to fill positions for our clients. By submitting your application on this page, you understand that you are applying for a position with our client's company.