Business sales and acquisitions
Get the best price for the purchase or sale of a business.
Our experts will accompany you throughout the process in order to maximize your transaction value.
They are experienced professionals with:
- Access to a broad Quebec-wide network of buyers and sellers of SMEs;
- In-depth knowledge of the small to medium enterprise market;
- Trust-based relationships with private and institutional financiers.
Raymond Chabot Grant Thorntonʼs strength also lies in its ability to provide you with access to professionals in the areas of taxation, business valuation, real estate valuation, identification of succession potential and career transition coaching.
Steps to selling a business
Our experts in business acquisition and sales will guide you throughout the sales process, helping you to identify qualified potential buyers, maximize your business value and negotiate the best possible transaction. They can provide you with advice on succession planning and structuring transfer of ownership.
Key questions about selling a business
A potential buyer will show their interest upon the first meeting. You must be prepared to provide them with many documents and answer their questions.
- What are my real reasons for selling?
- Who are the potential buyers?
- How much time do I have ahead of me?
- How am I going to sell?
- Do I know the value of my business? How can I make it more attractive to buyers?
- How should I proceed if I’m a co-owner of the business?
- What is my knowledge of taxation?
Selling a company is a complex process that requires preparation. A business head may only perform such a transaction once in his/her life.
Our experts in business acquisition and sales are active in several sectors: business mergers, acquisitions and sales; business financing; investment analysis; searching for financial or strategic partners; resolving shareholder disputes; succession planning, etc.